Battle of the Buildings Challenge - Puerto Rico
Business Efficiency Consulting Services is inviting Consulting Firms, Energy Saving Companies, Private Companies, Public Agencies, and other entities to joining the Battle of the Buildings Challenge - Puerto Rico, a competition tailored to driving greater Efficiency in Commercial Buildings in Puerto Rico.
As a part of the US Administration’s effort to support greater Energy Efficiency through the Battle of the Buildings Challenge, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) granted on November 5, 2014 the rights to BECS to hosting a regional version of the National Better Buildings Challenge in Puerto Rico. BECS has committed to assisting commercial building owners to reduce their energy use by at least 20 percent over the next decade.
Commercial Buildings consumed about 100 billion kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity in the U.S last year and that number is expected to grow as more information is shared and stored online. Through the BECS - Battle of the Buildings Challenge, public and private sector local partners will demonstrate leadership through their efforts to save money by saving energy.
As the National Better Buildings Challenge expands, leading organizations like Business Efficiency Consulting Services, Inc. are partnering with the EPA and the Department of Energy to apply Energy Efficiency measures and energy management strategies that will shape the nation’s next-generation of commercial buildings. In fact, if all Commercial Buildings were 20 percent more efficient, the nation could save more than 20 billion kWh of electricity by 2020, which would result in roughly $2 billion in cost savings.
1. Reducing energy consumption by 20% in commercial buildings over the next decade
2. Encourage our staff and community to learn about the benefits of Energy Efficiency
3. Promote legislation to establishing the Puerto Rico Energy Efficiency Benchmarking Program
4. Encourage others with whom we work with to join ENERGY STAR and take the BECS ENERGY STAR Challenge
5. Establish educational programs in schools and higher education campuses related to Energy Efficiency
6. Promote the implementation of Alternate Energy Solutions (Solar) in Commercial Buildings